Head of Quality Management System - #41634
Head of Quality Management System
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be guiding the implementation, maintenance, and continual improvement of the Quality Management System (“QMS”) and leading a team of Quality Management System specialists located in different global locations within PA Process Control Platform (PA PCP). In collaboration with functional process owners and subject-matter experts, you will be taking the lead in creating and developing a central, global QMS with a special focus on standardization and administration of QMS processes within our global QMS platform. You will also lead all PAPCP global ISO 9001 QMS certification activities. Reporting to the Head of Program Management Office, you will be contributing to the continued global success of the PAPCP organization. This is a global grade 10 role.
This position reports to
Head - Project Management Office
- Establish, lead, and continuously improve the Quality Management System to conform to ISO 9001 requirements
- Proactively identify risks, issues, and good practices within the Quality Management System
- Plan, organize and implement an internal and external QMS audit and certification programs for the PA PCP organization and for adjusting the programs according to the business needs and applicable requirements
- Direct audit readiness activities and internal/external audits
- Facilitate management reviews of the quality management system
- Develop and provide training on quality management system
- Maximize the use of assigned resources to assist PAPCP in meeting its quality and business objectives
- Collaborate with the PAPCP Continuous Improvement team, as well as other quality functions within ABB and PAPCP, to help drive a strong Quality Culture and ensure continued improvement of the Quality Management System
- Coordinate customer audits and other quality management system related visits to PAPCP locations
- Ensure that proper Root Cause Analyses are performed, and corrective actions implemented to prevent recurrence of quality management system non-conformances
- Develop and maintain a communication plan to provide all PAPCP employees with adequate information concerning quality management system goals and objectives
- Engage and collaborate with PAPCP process experts/owners and other stakeholders to optimize PAPCP quality management system processes and documented information
- Establish the climate that encourages an open two-way channel of communication whereby employees exchange ideas / suggestions and share information
- Responsible for developing direct reports.
- Professionally represent the company to customers
- Training and developing PAPCP internal system auditors
- Managing interface to external quality management system certification bodies on PAPCP level
- Process owner for Quality Management System Audit process (Process, Product, System)
- Administration of Quality Management System (e.g., OnePoint) and audit system (Jira) tools on PA PCP level
- BS or MS in a technical field (e.g., engineering, information technology). MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Quality System Planning and a strong knowledge of Quality Improvement tools and methods
- Thorough understanding of the current relevant standards (e.g., ISO 9001 and ISO 19011).
- Minimum two years of experience managing direct reports in international and virtual teams
- Six Sigma Black Belt /Master Black Belt or Lean certification is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Certified Lead Quality System Auditor (ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949)
- Demonstrated experience in establishing Quality Management Systems according to ISO 9001
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills with demonstrated ability to deliver executive level presentations
- Demonstrated ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Customer focus and strong business acumen
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Intercultural competency and strong relationship management skills at all levels.
- Methodological mindset and proven ability to drive discipline and process orientation in a large complex organization.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, analytical, problem-solving skills, and initiative to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others with excellent influencing skills.
- Prior experience working in a product development / R&D organization preferred
- Proven experience of driving change by building trust
- Working in an international environment, time flexibility is required due to the different time zones
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Fluent English skills
More about us
"Our Process Automation business offers a range of solutions for process and hybrid industries, including our industry-specific integrated automation, electrification and digital solutions, control technologies, software and advanced services, as well as measurement & analytics, marine and turbocharging offerings. Process Automation is #2 in the market globally. Based on its deep domain knowledge, experience and expertise in delivering world-class automation products, systems and solutions, a wide area of complimenting digital and collaborative solutions across applications and sectors, the Process Automation business helps customers remain competitive, improving their ROI and running safe and productive operations." We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid